When we add an AWS account to Appranix does it take into account the default resources of the AWS account as well?
- No, only the dependent resources of the selected resource(EC2, RDS Instance)
While discovering assemblies, Appranix does show the VPC and its associated EC2(Compute resources) only?While discovering a Cloud Connection, it discovers all supported resources
- In the resource selection, it only provides the option to select EC2 and RDS instances
When protecting an assembly, it discovers the dependency and protects them too,
Eg: EC2/RDS will also cover, security group, subnet, VPC, Load Balancers
But you can only choose EC2 or RDS instances the rest will be covered automatically
When we create an assembly, the retention policy(count) shows global & region copies, I was able to see snapshot copies in both regions, where do the global copies reside?
- The recovery region copies are mentioned here as global copies, this requires a text change in the user interface for better understanding
When we do recovery, Does appranix recover all the default Resources to the recovery region?They do not default resources, because it may be user-created resources too
- Referring to question 1 and its answer, the dependent resources of the selected resources are recovered
If I already have a VPC set up in 2 Availability zones in one region, How does the recovery model works here?
- The recovery region will support only 2 Availability zones maximum, if the primary has 3 or more zones, the recovery will only use 2
AWS Cloud Connections FAQ Print
Created by: Govind Rangasamy
Modified on: Fri, 22 May, 2020 at 6:15 PM
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.